05 August 2010

Do You Know Who To Thank For Your Creative Talent?

As I reflect on what I am calling “Thankful Thursday,” my trip this past weekend is fresh in my mind. I had the privilege of taking a short trip with my husband to Marco Island, FL. If you don’t enjoy being out in nature then you have no business going to this island. It is a very sleepy town, except for fishing, water sports and eating. We mainly participated in the later. One morning I was able to spend some time at the beach. When I came face to face with the enormous ocean, I couldn’t help but be thankful that I have a personal relationship with the one who created it. He knows how many grains of sand there are on the beach. He knows the age of each shell. He created the creatures that used to live in them. And can we talk about the sunsets? They are never short of amazing. He is the only designer and artist that has been and always will be “in.” His design and art are never trendy. They have been and will continue to be the inspiration for artists and designers. The Bible says in John 1:3, “Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.” If you have been blessed with any creative talent, it is a reflection of Him. The next time you are able to express your talents and gifts that you have been given, remember that it is God that blessed you with that talent. He is the only one that is worthy of your “thanks.”



Living graciously,

Lisa