30 July 2010

For The Love of Art and Design

I love quotes.  When I come across one that is really good, I have to write it down.  I have pieces of paper everywhere with quotes written the right way, side ways, crossways and upside down.  Most of the time I can find what I am looking for, I just can't read everything I have written down.  I have a few that I came across that I thought were a good follow up to yesterday's post.

"Art is like reading a good book, only you decide how it is going to end." -J.Kleykamp

"Design is an opportunity to continue telling the story, not just to sum everything up." - Tate Linden

"Design is intelligence made visible." - Alina Wheeler

"It should not be hard to stop sometimes and look into the stains of walls, or ashes of a fire or clouds, or mud or like places, in which you may find really marvelous ideas." - Leonardo Da Vinci

I love the last one by Da Vinci.  So when you are out and about this weekend, keep your eyes open wide for ideas in the unexpected places.  Live graciously this weekend.  I will be.  I'll return on Wednesday and tell you all about it.  Go and be inspired.

Living graciously,

Lisa