29 July 2010

Do You Need To Satisfy A Craving?

I came across something wonderful for Etsy sellers today, and I knew I just had to share it with y'all.  If you have a craving to be mentally alive, I found something to satisfy.  For those of us that love to read and design, I found a website that brings together books and media as inspiration for art.  This idea is brilliant.  I wish that I thought of it myself, but I didn't.  The website is www.craftybookclub.com.  The book club idea is that artists will read a book every two months and then design one item inspired by that book.  Right now they are accepting votes on books to read up until August 4th, 2010.  There are six choices.  If you are interested, go to the website (the link is above) and see the choices for yourself.  The host has created a link for each book so you can read a summary and then vote on what seems interesting and inspiring to you.  The bonus, besides reading a good book and designing, is added promotion for  your items.  Members will post items in the Crafty Book Club group on Flickr.com, and Etsy sellers tag their items with "crafty book club."  Select items will be featured on the blog each month.  So what do you have to lose?  Nothing, and you get to satisfy your craving at the same time.  "I can't get no SATISFACTION," doesn't apply here.  Oh, and in case you are wondering, I voted for A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.  Go and be satisfied.

Living graciously,

Lisa